What is globalization?
- The process of implementing features and facilities that
- Localization (l10n)
- Adapting systems to the language, culture, and expectations
of a specific locale.
- A specific combination of language, location, standards,
customs and culture.
- Multilingual systems
- Allow multiple languages to be used in the same program.
- Internationalization (i18n)
- Another word for globalization. It sometimes is taken to mean
both globalization and localization.
Globalization is often confused with localization.
When a product is localized, it is changed to work for one or more specific
locales. Globalization is the task of enabling products to be localized
for any locale.